Mental Health: Anxiety Health, Medicine, Nursing Case Study (Case Study Sample)
An analysis of a patient suffering from anxiety . The writer was required to come up with the right questions to ask and the possible answers from the patient.source..
Mental Health: Anxiety
Course Number and Name
Mental Health: Anxiety
Setting: Psychiatric Unit of Honor Health Care, private room, mid-afternoon before dinner. The patient is sitting across from me in a chair. No distractions, no abnormal noise.
Goal: the goal of the interaction is to allow the patient to express her anxieties concerning the divorce, relationship with the former husband, and the possible custody problems. Further, the communication will give the client room to talk about her feelings of anger in relation to the husband’s infidelity, safer ways of dealing with the stress that does not involve excessive drinking, and a treatment adherence mechanism.
* To verbalize her anxieties related to divorce and fear of losing children
* To articulate the stressors of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Hypothyroidism
* To voice her feeling of anger towards ex-husband
* To express her ideas on alternate coping methods and how she can enhance recovery
Evaluation of Goals
1. Patient can verbalize her anxieties related to divorce and fear of losing children
2. Patient can verbalize the stressors of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Hypothyroidism
3. Patient can verbalize her feeling of anger towards ex-husband
4. Patient can verbalize alternate coping methods and how she can enhance recovery
Analysis of the Interaction
The patient has met the criteria for all four goals originally set. She can identify and effectively express feelings in regards to anxiety/stress. She has accepted her feelings of anger towards her ex-husband and we discussed alternative coping methods for the future, such as yoga. The patient has expressed concern for the amount of alcohol she is consuming and will cut down on her drinking and start taking her medications regularly.
- Dealing with Workplace Situations and Issues Professionally Case StudyDescription: Sexual harassment is defined as any unwelcome or offensive sex-based behavior directed to someone at a workplace (Ross et al., 2019). In this scenario, Linda Dole, an adult nurse practitioner, is the victim of sexual harassment while Dr. Larry Boxer is the perpetrator. Linda has perceived the harassment...3 pages/≈825 words| 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- Community Health Services in Nevada. Health, Medicine Case StudyDescription: Community health services are critical to the needy since they assist them with essential human needs during difficult periods. Single mothers are some of the most vulnerable individuals across the united states, and they may need urgent community health services to feed and shelter their children....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- Ethical Dilemma in Nursing. Health, Medicine, Nursing Case StudyDescription: The standards of behavior that individuals ought to adhere to depending on situations they find themselves in are referred to as ethics. Contrary to what many believe, ethics is not adherence to the law, nor is it religion, feelings, science, or sticking to cultural norms....4 pages/≈1100 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |