Case Study Review T1: Aenergy Company Management Case Study (Case Study Sample)
Read the attached “AEnergy Company Case Study” before completing this task.
AEnergy Company currently has operations in Fresno, California and Chicago, Illinois. Company management reviewed the company’s client list and realized that much of the company’s growth has been from an increase in clients in the eastern and southern parts of the United States. Management believes that these clients could be better served with more localized production and with sales locations in each region. The new locations would also provide an improved possibility for growth in the regional client base.
Before expansion can take place, the existing IT infrastructure will need to be evaluated to see how it needs to change to support the planned growth. You have been asked by the chief technology officer (CTO) to study the current IT infrastructure using a SWOT analysis. You will research current and emerging technologies and use your research to suggest an updated system that will resolve the identified deficiencies while also supporting the identified strengths the current system offers.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Perform a SWOT analysis of the existing IT infrastructure by doing the following:
1. Evaluate the existing strengths of the current IT infrastructure.
2. Evaluate the existing weaknesses of the current IT infrastructure.
3. Analyze opportunities for updating technology within the current IT infrastructure.
4. Analyze threats that could result from continued use of the current IT infrastructure.
B. Analyze the results obtained in the SWOT analysis by doing the following:
1. Identify at least two ways to leverage the strengths of the current IT infrastructure to improve the company’s existing products and services.
a. Identify at least two opportunities within the current IT infrastructure to bring new products and services to the marketplace.
Note: An appropriate opportunity must lie within the general confines of the IT infrastructure that is currently in place (i.e., no major IT purchases). Appropriate new product or service offerings can be intended for external customers or internal business units, which are also viewed as consumers of the IT unit’s product/service offerings.
CASE STUDY REVIEW T1: AENERGY COMPANY
Part A: SWOT Analysis of the Existing IT Infrastructure
AEnergy Company has developed an IT infrastructure that ensures security. The system networking for different departments has adopted VPN tunneling, SSL authentication, and WPA encryption. According to a research finding, the three platforms guarantee information protection (Nickolov, 2006, p. 105). WPA encryption will help the Company limit the level of access authorized users have on the IT infrastructure. The Company has layered its IT infrastructure for physical security. Since there are four employees with access to allocated cabinets or the servers, tracking physical security breaches is efficient. Accordingly, the IT groups have prioritized the protection and updating of the servers and relevant information stored with the four employees.
The functionality of the IT infrastructure provides another level of strength. The setting up of the system allows employees’ access to shared data including but, not limited to applications, documents, and encryptions. The level of access and sharing is automated that working from office or home would still guarantee work progress. The fifth strength of the IT infrastructure is the strong redundancy prioritized by the IT group. For instance, AEnergy Company integrated the two sites to operate on the same network configuration. The networking ensures that configurations would support one another where there is a crisis. Again, the IT group undertook routine offsite and onsite backing to mitigate the chances of data loss. The integration of uninterruptable power supply (UPS) provides data protection against storms and power interruptions.
- Select and retain employees Management Case Study PaperDescription: Good and effective communication is indeed the gateway to personal and professional success as this paper would need to elucidate upon. Besides asking the right questions and getting most satisfactory answers needed from aspiring candidates also matter. This is more emphatic...5 pages/≈1375 words| 5 Sources | Harvard | Management | Case Study |
- Implementing Change in an Organization. Management Case StudyDescription: Joe and the Juice indulged in the beverage industry and has its roots in Denmark, where the first restaurant opened. Through targeting millennials and the younger population in general, the restaurants create an ambiance that ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty. ...8 pages/≈2200 words| 7 Sources | Harvard | Management | Case Study |
- Whatsapp case harvard Management Case Study PaperDescription: Facebook is basically an internet based company which provides social networking activities and services around the world. At present it has placed itself among the topmost of social media business and captured about 2 billion active users worldwide. Facebook declared its purpose for acquiring...8 pages/≈2200 words| 14 Sources | Harvard | Management | Case Study |