Project Management Structures and the Causes of Project Failure Per Garth G.F. Ward (Coursework Sample)
Answering questions on project management
This Homework Assignment is based on Parts 1 through 3 of the course textbook, Effective Project Management, by Garth G.F. Ward.
In the response to each question, cite from which page, subpart, and article of the textbook you derived the answer.
Explain the difference between routines, runners, repeaters, strangers, and aliens. Provide several examples of projects you have worked on/managed that have fallen into these categories and why you believe the specific project falls in that specific category.
* Routines are common and developed tasks in a function that reduce difficulties to an organization’s methods of working. Examples; Data entry, data processing – these are small activities that make work easier in an organization.
* Runners are small projects that can be developed without too much specialized management. Examples; making service calls – these calls don’t require too much focused management.
* Repeaters are larger projects that the organization performs regularly and have a higher risk of failure. Example; Following up with an unhappy client- making follow ups is a necessary and everyday job and its occurrence can be anytime.
- Interlectual competence Management Coursework PaperDescription: In order to answer the questions correctly, it is important to start by defining intercultural competence and its characteristics. It is described as the ability to interact in an effectively in a way that is acceptable to other people, especially while working in a group consisting of members with diverse...6 pages/≈1650 words| 8 Sources | Other | Management | Coursework |
- Sloane Financial Planners Management Coursework PaperDescription: A major approach that the travel company could use to expand its business in the present competitive environment is through launching regional offices. Of note, the company has received proposals for selecting a site for opening a new eastern regional office to offer efficiency to customers...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | Management | Coursework |
- Conflict Management: Your Preferred Conflict Management StyleDescription: In my opinion, every person has his or her conflict management style. Besides, the environment that one is it may affect a person's decision as far as conflict management is concerned. ...2 pages/≈550 words| 4 Sources | Other | Management | Coursework |