Utilization Management Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
1. What is the Case Manager's role in risk management?
2. Name four utilization management (UM) tools, and their use. Give an
example for each one.
3. Include a culture in one of the examples.
4. Identify 2 quality indicators for patients in a nursing home. How
will you evaluate the achievement of the indicators?
1 What is the Case Manager's role in risk management?
According to Bigby, Fyffe, and Ozanne(2007), in risk management, the case manager's role is performing risk analyzing and constantly analyzing on conditions of a patient to ensure positive results are attained as well as find appropriate solutions through analysis of possible negative impacts. For example, a risk assessment may be performed by a case manager for patient transfer to another medical facility and create necessary plans for hazards or potential dangers.
2 Name four utilization management (UM) tools and their use. Give anexample for each one.
- Tests And Evaluation Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The purpose of assessment is to reveal the extent to which the objectives have been attained or are being attained. For this reason, it is necessary to align the objectives and instructional strategies for them to reinforce each other. If there is no close alignment, student motivation and learning...3 pages/≈825 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Immunology. Health, Medicine, Nursing Assignment. Description: Some f the newer tests for mycology are serological tests which include Agglutination Immunodiffusion (ID) Complement fixation test (CFT) Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) Lateral flow assay (LFA) Counter immuno-electrophoresis (CIE) Radio immunosorbent assay (RIA). ...4 pages/≈1100 words| 8 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Apgar Scoring Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: The assessment of a newborn baby in the first five minutes is essential to determine the needs of the baby as at that time and thus respond to them appropriately. Studies have shown that there are some children born with defects that when realized immediately after birth can be rectified...2 pages/≈550 words| 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |