Week 6 - Assignment: Develop User Stories (Essay Sample)
Hide Folder Information
Turnitin™ enabledThis assignment will be submitted to Turnitin™.
Before developers can write program code to implement a software solution, the programmers must know what the program is to do. In other words, the programmer must have system requirements. Within the Agile software development methodology, analysts often express system requirements in the form of user stories, which take the form:
“As a , I want so that .”
As a user, I want the ability to reset my password so that my account is more secure.
As a user, I want only to input my credit card information one time so that I can save time in the future.
As a user, I want the ability to delete an item from my shopping cart so that I can change my mind before I place a purchase.
For this assignment, you will create 5 to 10 user stories for your simple e-commerce site:
A customer visits the e-commerce site and views the products for sale. The customer places an order for one or more products. After providing their bill-to and ship-to addresses, the customer enters their credit card data. Upon credit card authorization, the company ships the product. The customer may then place another order, leave, or later return to the site.
Length: 5-10 user stories within a Word document.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
User Stories E-Commerce Website
Name of the Student
Department; Institutional Affiliation
Course Code; Course Name
Name of the Professor
* User Story 1: As a customer, I want to easily browse the products for sale on the e-commerce site to find what I am looking for. This user story describes a customer who wants to be able to browse the products available on the e-commerce site easily. The customer may be looking for a specific product or exploring available options. By easily browsing the products, the customer can find what they are looking for and make informed decisions about their purchase (Isherwood, 2019).
* User Story 2: As a customer, I want to be able to easily add items to my shopping cart so that I can make purchases. This user story describes a customer who wants to easily add items to their shopping cart to make a purchase. The customer may have found the product they are looking for and want to add it to their cart to complete their purchase. By easily adding items to their cart, the customer can quickly and efficiently complete their purchase.
* User Story 3: As a customer, I want to be able to view the total cost of my shopping cart, including taxes and shipping fees, so that I can accurately budget for my purchase. This user story describes a customer who wants to be able to view the total cost of their shopping cart, including taxes and shipping fees. The customer may be concerned with the overall cost of their purchase and want to be able to budget for it accurately. By being able to view the total cost of their cart, the customer can make informed decisions about their purchase and ensure that they are not overspending (Bojang et al., 2017).
* User Story 4: As a customer, I want to enter my billing and shipping addresses easily so I can complete my purchase. This user story describes a customer who wants to easily enter their billing and shipping addresses to complete their purchase. The customer may be concerned with entering their personal information accurately and efficiently. By being able to easily enter their addresses, the customer can complete their purchase without any issues.
* User Story 5: As a customer, I want to securely enter my credit card information to make a payment. This user story describes a customer who wants to be able to securely enter their credit card information in order to make a payment. Customers may be concerned with the security of their personal and financial information and want to protect their credit card information. By securely entering their credit card information, the customer can make their payment with confidence.
* User Story 6: As a customer, I want to be notified when my order has been shipped so that I can track its progress. This user story describes a customer who wants to be notified when their order has been shipped so that they can track its progress. The customer may be interested in knowi
- Human Resource PlanningDescription: Human resource management planning is an essential process for any organization that seeks to achieve its goals and objectives through effective management of its human resources....2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Digital Marketing Strategies and ToolsDescription: Strategies of Digital Marketing, digital marketing refers to the use of digital channels, such as search engines, social media, email, and websites, to promote a brand or product....5 pages/≈1375 words| 12 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- LeadershipDescription: Leadership Management Essay...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |