HOW SOCIETY WILL LABEL WHAT WE CONSIDER HUMANE TREATMENTS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS? (Essay Sample)
DRAFT A SAMPLE PLAN TO DISCUSS THE QUESTIONS BELOW:
1. HOW DO YOU THINK SOCIETY WILL LABEL WHAT WE CONSIDER HUMANE TREATMENTS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS?
2. WHAT DO YOU VIEW AS THE BENEFITS AND LIMITATIONS OF USING TELEPSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY.
Psychologists confirm that brain disorders interfere with the normal tasks and operations. Psychiatrists are responsible for handling mental illness in the society. They identify the type of illness and intervene by giving appropriate therapies. They perform a great role in ensuring victims access better healthcare. Some of the mental illness include Alzheimer’s disease, bipolar disorder, clinical depression and anxiety disorder (Heenan,2006). Families help in providing homebased care to patients with brain illness. They support treatments given to clients by accompanying them to therapy sessions. In some societies, psychological patients face stigmatization thereby creating a barrier between individuals. Lambert (2004) suggests that clients who begin therapy sessions do not complete treatments. Counsellors also play a role by assisting clients in making decisions concerning therapies. To handle illness, electroconvulsive therapy helps in treating difficult conditions like bipolar disorder.
The healthcare sector incorporates both telepsychotherapy and traditional ways in handling mental illness. Telepsychology is a tool that connects physicians and clients. It helps clients to attend to online medical therapy sessions. Some tools include, skype, WhatsApp, video calling and online chatting. Heenan (2006) considers it as effective, accurate and achieves patient satisfaction. It saves time and money because it requires no physical contact. It also helps in overcoming illnesses, improving self -est
- Issues with Juvenile InterrogationDescription: Evidence from numerous juvenile cases shows the youth falsely confess when under duress. The case of Stephanie Crowe, a 14-year-old who admitted to killing his sister when interrogated by investigators, is an example and reveals the issues involved when questioning juveniles (National Geographic, 2009)....1 page/≈275 words| 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Expounding Sigmund Freud's Perception of MourningDescription: Throughout human life, people bond with objects and others, thus developing a strong emotional attachment regarded as love which renders them the loved objects or persons are lost. To comprehend process of emotional detachment with loved objects or persons, Sigmund Freud formulated the theory of mourning ...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Psychological Research MethodsDescription: Read all instructions carefully, and type your answers next to or under each answer. Pay attention to point value and suggested length for each answer. Total test is out of 40 points. Part I: What Type of Research? Type your answer in the blank. One point for each correct response. For each of the ...4 pages/≈1100 words| 1 Source | APA | Psychology | Essay |