Flyer Health, Medicine, Nursing Research Coursework (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
The task was to create a flyer that provides information on the academy of medical-surgical nurses by covering the organization's mission and values, advantages of being a member, membership requirements, membership fees and organizational collaborations.source..
The Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN)Compassion. Commitment. Connection.
OVERVIEWAMSN was founded in 1991 and it is the only nursing organization in the world that specializes in the field of medical-surgical nursing. AMSN has a total number of 11,500 nurses who are committed to improving patient care and advocating for the medical-surgical field while at the same time connecting with others in the same profession (AMSN, 2018).AMSN’s main objectives include improving the medical-surgical profession, developing standards that guide nursing practice and establishing a curriculum that guides the medical-nursing (AMSN, 2018).
MISSION, VISION, VALUESAMSN’s mission is to promote excellence in the practice of medical-surgical nursing while the vision states that nursing in medical-surgery is a speciality field that has its own source of knowledge (AMSN, 2018).The values of AMSN include: Believing that continuous development ensures patients will receive better care, ensuring nurses have the resources to provide excellent care, having all medical-surgical nurses speaking in one voice, ensuring all nurses are working in a health environment and are serving as leaders in healthcare teams (AMSN, 2018).
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A MEMBER (AMSN, 2018):
* AMSN membership allows you access to the latest educational resources such as MEDSURG Nursing journals and the AMSN E-newsletter as well as attending the AMSN Annual Convention.
* Nurses in med-surg can be supported with financial aid when seeking further education.
- Nursing And The Impacts Of Media On Both The Nurses And The PatientsDescription: The task was about answering questions on ethical issues in the nursing profession and the impacts of media on both the nurses and the patients. This sample describes the clinical situations nurses can develop moral distress and the benefits of media to the nursing career and the sick....1 page/≈275 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |
- The Book "Beyond Stress": How Acts Of Gratitude Can Relief StressDescription: The task was to read the book "Beyond Stress" and focus on how acts of gratitude can relieve stress. Food is the key concept in this chapter, and it's the main source of energy that we need for our day to day activities....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |
- The Critique Of Quantitative And Qualitative Research Methods In Critical Care PharmacologyDescription: The task was to review two articles one in quantitative research and the other in qualitative research. The sample is about the critique of quantitative and qualitative research methods in critical care pharmacology....3 pages/≈825 words| 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |