Influence of Ageing out in the Foster Care System Social Research (Research Proposal Sample)
Throughout this course, students will develop a proposal for a research project. Students have the opportunity to work on these assignments individually or to work in groups of 2-3 people. The proposal should include the following components:
1. Problem statement: Describe the problem/issue that your research project would address. Why is it important to address this topic and what is the relevance for social work practice and policy?
2. Literature review: Summarize the relevant literature pertaining to your research question. What can be learned from prior research on this topic? How will your research study contribute to the current evidence base?
3. Paradigm: What paradigm are you using for your research study?
4. Research question: State the research question of your proposed study.
5. Hypothesis: What are the hypotheses of your study (if relevant)?
6. Study design: Describe the research design for your study (select either a qualitative or quantitative research design covered in the course).
7. Sampling and study participants: What sampling method do you propose in your study and why? Describe your study sample.
8. Data collection methods: Describe how you will collect data and the measures you will use. Who will be involved in data collection?
The content and style of your proposal will be graded on conceptual clarity, logic, thoughtfulness, use of published research, organization of the paper, written expression, consistency with expectations of and guidelines for this assignment, evidence of course learning, and overall quality. The page limit for students who complete the assignment individually is 12-15 pages. The page limit for students who complete the assignment in groups of 2-3 people is 15-20 pages.
Influence of Ageing out in the Foster Care System
The study seeks to examine the ways in which ageing out of the foster care system influences the risk of homelessness among adult youths who leave foster care units. The study will be conducted in Fairfax County in the Northern Virginia area. Furthermore, the study will involve a sample of 300 participants within the ages of 18 and 21 years. The sample population will be selected through the use of stratified sampling where the population will be divided into groups on the basis of such factors as age and level of education so as to determine the experiences that the participants have had with the foster care system. A quantitative survey methodology will be applied in this research with particular emphasis being laid on the use of SurveyMonkey as the electronic tool through which the survey will be conducted. Additionally, interviewing will be used to verify the eligibility of the participants for the study. The research will be conducted with the hypothesis that adult youths who age out in the foster care system are at a high risk of facing the challenge of homelessness. The research will play a key role in inspiring the formulation of policies and strategies that will help in streamlining the foster care system to close the gaps that lead to high chances of homelessness for the adult youths ageing out of the program.
Keywords: Foster care, ageing out, homelessness, and adult youths.
- Aspect of Civil Service: Other Human Resource Actions - Separation.Description: A PROPOSAL AMENDING OMNIBUS RULES ON APPOINTMENTS AND OTHER HUMAN RESOURCE ACTIONS, ADDING SPECIAL PROVISIONS ON AFFECTED GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL DUE TO THE CREATION OR ABOLITION OF AN AUTONOMOUS REGION Social Sciences Research Proposal...1 page/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- Determinants Of Income Among The Youths In Kenya Research ProposalDescription: The purpose of this research study is to investigate the factors influencing income among the youth in formal employment sector in Voi town, Taita Taveta County, Kenya. This study is seeking to assess how level of education, experience and gender influence the income among the youth...24 pages/≈6600 words| 21 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- legacy of Racism in the United States Park System Research ProposalDescription: Kang Jae, a scholar at the University of Missouri, carried out a study where he tried to uncover the reason why black people don't go to the park (Hurst, 2016). In his study, he discovered that open-floor/door plan or just proximity does not imply that there are equal chances for all people to access...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |